The Finance for Impact Summit
Welcome by The Rt Hon The Lord Mayor, Alderman Vincent Keaveny
With Dame Elizabeth Corley, Impact Investing Institute and Bina Mehta, KPMG in the UK. This session announces the launch of two brand new industry initiatives, which will enable finance for impact to scale.
Finance for Impact best practice in the UK
This case study session focuses on the Schroder BSC Social Impact Trust, which allows investors access to private market impact investment for the first time and brings additional capital to help social enterprises and charities.
Moderator: Charles Prideaux, Group Head of Strategy and Solutions, Schroders
- Anna Shiel, Head of Origination, Big Society Capital
- Mark Bickford, Chief Investment Officer, Social and Sustainable Capital
Keynote address by Richard Fuller, Economic Secretary to the Treasury
This session highlights the UK’s ambition to champion the finance for impact agenda globally.
Keynote address by Richard Curtis, Founder, Make My Money Matter
This session highlights the momentum gathering behind impact finance and its potential for scaling.
Panel: Towards an industry-led set of priorities for scaling finance for impacts.
This session is a discussion with financial and professional services firms involved in the industry consultation process. This session highlights the value of the recommendations made in scaling the impact finance market and supporting FPS firms wanting to engage in impact investing.
- Moderator: Dr Kay Swinburne, Vice Chair of Financial Services, KPMG in the UK
- Andy Howard, Global Head of Sustainable Investment, Schroders
- Anne-Marie Verstraeten, BNP Paribas Group UK Country Head
- Zelda Bentham, Global Head of Sustainability, Aviva
- Vindi Banga, Partner, Clayton Dubilier & Rice
- Sam Tufts, Head of New Assets, The Phoenix Group
Panel: Announcing a Just Transition Finance Challenge
This session presents a new coalition of key investors committed to mobilising capital towards impact investing and ensuring that the investment for a transition to Net Zero is inclusive and socially beneficial.
Moderator: Laurie Spengler, CEO of Courageous Capital Advisors and Senior Advisor for G7 Impact Taskforce
- Sharon Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, AgilityEco
- Maria Nazarova-Doyle, Head of Pensions Investments and Responsible Investment, Scottish Widows
- Anne-Marie Chidzero, FSD Africa Investments
With Chris Hayward, Policy Chairman, City of London Corporation. This session touches on the policy and regulation environment needed for scaling impact finance
Keynote Address by Nigel Huddleston MP, Minister for Sport, Tourism, Heritage and Civil Society at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
This session will make the case for impact investing in terms of the financial return it provides and the positive benefits it delivers to people and planet. It will focus on the impact that the capital invested has on communities in concrete terms.
Panel: Policy & Regulation for scaling finance for impact
This session focuses on the tools and regulation needed to increase the flow of capital going to impact investments and the need to build on work done on the ‘E’ to develop the ‘S’ in a complementary way while also working out the specifics of the ‘S’.
Moderator: George Hay, Reuters
- Sacha Sadan, ESG Director, FCA
- Catherine Howarth, CEO, ShareAction
- Jonathan Labrey, Chief Policy Officer, ISSB
- Clara Barby, Senior Partner, Just Climate
Finance for Impact best practice - UK
This case study session brings the theory to life and show the art of the possible in proven practical examples of well executed impact finance projects in the UK.
- Pete Gladwell, Group Social Impact and Investment Director, Legal & General Capital
- Professor Jane Robinson, Pro-Vice Chancellor Engagement and Place, Newcatle University
Finance for Impact best practice in emerging markets
This case study session brings the theory to life and show the art of the possible in proven practical examples of well executed impact finance projects in emerging markets.
Moderator: John McCalla-Leacy, Head of ESG, KPMG
- Amit Rama, SVP, Macquarie/GiG
- Reyburn Hendricks, CEO of H1 Holdings
- Tutu Agyare, Managing Director, Nubuke Investment
From The Rt Hon. The Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Vincent Keaveny