9:00am: Demystifying COP27 for UK financial and professional services
This session will unpack the key sustainable finance developments and announcements from COP27, discuss their practical implications for financial and professional services firms going forward – and how the City of London plans on engaging with them moving forward.
Moderator: Deputy Christopher Hayward, Policy Chairman, City of London Corporation
- Kate Levick, Transition Plan Taskforce Secretariat Co-Head and Associate Director, E3G
- Jonathan Malim, Partner, Head of Debt Capital Markets & Structured Finance, Eversheds Sutherland
- Steve Waygood, Chief Responsible Investment Officer, Aviva
9:45am: Nature and Biodiversity – “Between two COPs: from COP27 to COP15”
This session will explore how COP27 tackled the immediate challenge of mobilising finance towards maintaining nature and biodiversity levels around the world. It will also touch on how the long-delayed COP15 discussion, which will be happening in Montreal, are shaping up. Bringing the session together will be an emphasis on what the City is already doing on the nature/biodiversity agenda – and what more can be done in future.
Moderator / speaker: Jon Williams, Partner, Global Banking & Capital Markets ESG leader and UK chair, Sustainability & Climate change, PwC
10:45am: Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets (VCM)
This session will spotlight the new report launched by Clifford Chance in partnership with the City of London Corporation and the UK VCM Forum on Article 6 of the Paris rulebook and what it means for VCM. Panellists will discuss the interaction of VCM with Paris and compliance markets, key VCM related takeaways from COP27 and challenges and opportunities for VCM now and into the future.
Moderator: Catherine McGuinness, Common Councillor and former Policy Chair (2017-2022) at the City of London Corporation.
- James Davis, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Claire Dorrian, Head of Sustainable Finance, LSEG
- Nigel Howorth, Partner, Clifford Chance Global Environment Group and Environment and Climatic Trading Group
- Chris Leeds, Head of Carbon Markets Development, Standard Chartered Bank
For more information and to make sure you get updates about this and other City of London Corporation sustainable finance events, sign up to our mailing list below.